Monday, March 14, 2011

The disability of Maxwell- Selectivity Perception

Selectivity of perception
  1. A child dying in poverty as seen by a doctor, economist, a social worker, the child’s father.
  • Doctor (Nicole) : Inabilit for medical aid to reach poor people
  • Social worker (Kai Song): We should help those who do not have the ability to support their child/ family. We are responsible to bring them up maybe in orphanages.
  • Economist (Maxwell) : Economic gap is getting bigger and this is not a healthy thing for a society. We should try to find out ways to improve the social and living condition, by providing mor job opportunities
  • Child's father (Bryan): I think that it is very sad o see my child dying in front of my eyes but I really do not have the ability to provide him with what he is entitled to. I felt sorry but I too hope that there will be aid from the society to help the poors.
  1. A sunset as seen by a religious figure, a physicist, an artist, a farmer
  • Religious figure (Bryan): Nothing is eternal. Everyone will die one day, no matter how healthy you are, how wealthy you are. Like the sun, it will set one day. Pray, listen to God, and you will have a wonderful life after death.
  • Artist (Nicole): This is a perfect opportunity for me to express the beauty of nature
  • Physicist (Kai Song): *Cough* Listen carefully, this is caused by the earth rotating around the axis. Issac Newton has discovered gravity.... bla bla bla bla bla
  • Farmer (Maxwell) : End of a day, I can finally go home, what a hard day! Nicole, my wife will not kill me as I have brought sawi home. And finally, my vegetables can rest from photosynthesis.
  1. A tree as seen by a biologist, a logger, an environmentalist, a native from Sarawak.
  • Logger (Nicole): The forest is a gold mine. *sings* "Money money money, must be funny int eh rich man's world"
  • A biologist (Bryan): To the logger, please stop cutting down tress as they lock up carbon dioxide. Without tress, there will be a rise in the earth's temperature..... *Continues for 30 minutes lecture*
  • An environmentalist (Maxwell): Agree with the biologist. We borrowed nature from God and we owed it from the future generation.
  • A native from Sarawak (Kai Song): See, now I can't go and use my sumpit due to the lack of forests. Loggers, please go away, I am gonna ask my cannibal friends to eat your brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment